Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Walking Duality

Such a weird place to be in right now. I am a walking duality. One part of me is just done, has had enough of India and its madness and its aggravation. This part of me is oh-so-ready for Paris and home, beyond that. Yet, at the same time, there is another part of me that is breaking up inside at the thought of leaving these people I've become so close to in the past 6+ months. Luckily I've had quite a bit of work to focus on these last few days, so the shock of it really hasn't totally set in, but I can feel it coming on as these papers get whittled down to fine points. These people, Rob, Mike, Noel, Cat, Anusha, Mira, Marla and Jenn, are absolutely members of my family. Though I'm a few hypothetically blissful days away from my real family, it's testimony to how tight we've become here that the last time I felt something like this was when I was in the car on the way to Logan on June 14th. It's different, but it's the closest approximation. I feel the impending loss as much as I did then. Maybe this is just the way things happen. Maybe loss is balanced by expectation. Maybe the end really is the beginning is the end. I'll be sure to tell you about it. In Other News Since now three seperate people have emailed me about this, and only one in jest, I didn't actually meet a hot art history student on the internet who I'm going to visit in Paris, though so much of our communication is done online of late that it almost qualifies as an apt description. I know her quite well actually. I've even met her once or twice, so have no fear. ;) Has to Be Said The Taj Mahal is the single most beautiful building in the world. It's more than the hype. It's more than my words, but I'm really gonna try. I'm going to write the update on the plane and who knows when I'll find time to type and upload it. It'll get here eventually, though. How else could I finish this up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home